Saturday, July 21, 2007

Confusion, Always

Italy is a nice & mystic country. Just when you thought you know it well, it has changed. When I went to Lugano some weeks before, I bought my ticket at counter 48, I think. Then today, when I wanted to get a ticket to Bellinzona, Switzerland, I was told that Switzerland is considered 'International', so I should go to counter 52 & 53 to buy my ticket! Then I, for the very first time, discovered there is a special ticket office for international trains. Alama!

The queue was long, the hall was hot, very much like a sauna room under the 38 degrees heat wave sweeping through Milan. The heat obviously affected the temper of the staff at the counter.

Never mind, tomorrow I am going to Switzerland, a short escape from the chaos of Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment