Thursday, July 1, 2010

Microstock: Negligence

It has been quite a while since I last wrote about microstock.  It is negligence!  I have neglected my microstock business for some time.  I am too busy at my full-time job, and then my computer's hard disk crashed after 5 years of loyal services.  Now I have a new computer, but still don't have the necessary software tools to start editing my photos.  Uploads to all the sites have almost droped down to 0 for more than 2 months. 

This serves as a good example that you need to spend time and effort to maintain your business in microstock.  Some people may think that microstock is a TRUE passive income source.  Once you established a sizeable portfolio, then all you have to do is to sit back and wait for all the money to come in.  This is not entirely true.  Once you stop uploading photos, your existing photos will tend to drop down in buyers' searches, eventually they will be buried deep in the thousands and thousands of new photos being uploaded every week. 

Negligence is never a virtue in any form of business.  If you are serious about making some money, even just pocket money, from microstock, you should maintain a constant presence in the industry. 

Happy shooting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment