Thursday, June 15, 2017

London Dubai 2017 - 4

After spending 3 hours at the British Museum, we were really tired and decided to go back to our hotel to have some rest.

Our Twin Room

We finally hit a bed after staying up for almost 48 hours!  What a day!  The room at Gresham Hotel at Sussex Garden is rather small, not really much space to spread out our luggage.  There is a travel safe in the room, but you have to put a £5.00 deposit and get a key to the safe.  I found it kind of strange, that key is so easy to duplicate.  Anyway, hotel room safes are never really safe.

Bath Room

The bathroom is tiny.  The shower area is so small that I always hit here or there when I shower.  I am a 1.69m tall skinny Asian, I can't imagine an 80kg Caucasian showering there.


Our dinner was at Sussex Fish Bar, a small restaurant near Paddington Station.  They claimed to serve the best fish and chip in London.

Grilled Sea Bass and Chips

Well, I don't know whether it is true, I ordered a grilled sea bass.  The waiter informed me that it would take around 15 minutes.  In the meantime, I enjoyed a cup of milk tea.   When my food was presented, it looked delicious, and it was.  The sea bass still retained lots of its juice so it was not dry nor hard, but the skin was crispy and lingered the fragrance of char-grilled meat.  I would have given it a 5/5 if the belly was not a bit bitter.

This was my first proper meal in London, or the entire UK.  I had always been told that UK food was the most terrible food in the world.  This grilled sea bass gave a very contrary impression.

I noticed the people working in this restaurant, everyone of them, seemed to be from Middle East, I guess the influx of immigrants from around the world had enriched the quality and diversity of food in London.

After this hearty meal, we went back to our hotel room for a good night's sleep.  It was such a long day.

Until next post, bye...




No comments:

Post a Comment