Thursday, November 8, 2007

Roller-Coaster Ride

So far I have never ever taken a roller-coaster ride in my life. Some say they like the thrill of it, but I don't, and I am honest about it. But think about it, it is not really that dangerous as I thought before. There are a lot more dangerous things/events than a harmless roller-coaster ride.

The Dow Jones Industry Average fell 360 points last night, followed by a sharp drop in Asian bourses as well. Will it bounce back sharply today or tomorrow? I don't know. Your guess will be just as good as mine. Looking at the curves, don't you think they look very like a roller-coaster ride?

Life is full of risks, risk is everywhere, in every aspect of our life. Even eating your lunch or dinner, drinking a glass of water will be a life-threatening risk if not done properly. Risk avoidance will never work, what we can do is risk management. Know the risk, and manage it and enjoy the roller-coaster ride :)

No comments:

Post a Comment