Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sushi - 寿司 - すし

I just found an interesting entry in the eat shoot blog about sushi. There is an YouTube video clip teaching people the etiquette of eating sushi, however, looking at the way it is done, I am not very sure they are actually serious about it.

Anyway, he mentioned about his experience at the Tsukiji fish market in Tokyo Japan. It is such a pity that I didn't actually go there to taste the high quality sushi there during my last trip. I actually was not very sure what to expect if I did go there.

Now it is different. Dr Leslie Tay recommended two shops, one is Sushi Dai, the other is Sushi Daiwa. Next time when I am there, I can give them a try.

Ok, here is Dr Tay's sushi entry:
http://ieatishootipost.sg/2008/12/tokyo-eats-part-4-sushi-daiwa-sashimi.html

But talking about sushi, I did very much miss the sushi I had in Tokyo. It was pricy, but the taste was really good. So tender, so juicy, so fresh. OMG, I must stop here before I get myself hungry...

One more thing, when I was in Japan, heard that there was some kind of scam going on against foreigners having sushi at those shops around Tsukiji fish market. The claim is that the shops serve lower grade tuna to the unknowning customers at the higher grade tuna's price. Alama, how can I tell which one is the higher grade tuna, which one is not?

No comments:

Post a Comment