Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bangkok Airport Train Link

I have mentioned about the Bangkok Airport Train Link in my previous post.  Today, let's take a look at how good this train link is. 

In the airport, follow this long long long escalator, or moving belt, to the lowest level of the airport - Level 1. 








Then you will find the entrance to the train station.  It is still under trial, so please, ride the train on your own risk. 







This is how the Phaya Thai station in downtown Bangkok and the train look like.  I think the stations are modern, but the train is a bit too narrow in width, very much like those ancient metro trains you see in good old Paris. 

The length of the train only takes up about half the platform, so I guess you have some room for future expansion. 


Here is a closer look at the train. 





 



Below is a short video clip I took showing the scenary along the train route.  It is very enjoyable to take a ride on a sunny day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment