Saturday, August 1, 2015

Sum's Kitchen and Hong Kong Roast Meat

This restaurant is adjacent to the famous Sembawang White Bee Hoon.  The decoration is from the last century, and retains lots of old times charm.


My friend recommended the roast duck.  This may not be THE best, but it is still one of the best I think.  I saw some reviews saying it is no longer as good as it used to before, so I guess it was even better in the past.  The duck skin is crispy, that's the basic requirement.  The meat retains reasonable amount of juice, and still firm, but not chewy.

Roast Duck

Daily Soup

Chinese Spinach with Egg and Century Egg 

Egg Plant

Steam Chicken with Black Fungus

The other dishes we ordered were all common Cantonese dishes.  Fried Chinese spinach with egg and century egg was good.  I think I didn't have this dish for quite some years, as many places don't offer this dish anymore, but it was very common some ten years ago here in Singapore,

The steam chicken with black fungus was not bad.  The fungus and dates brought out the freshness of the chicken meat.

I enjoyed my dinner very much.  This restaurant offers good Cantonese food at a reasonable price.  Guess how much was the total bill?


The restaurant is a bit small though.  There are only 6 tables indoor, and ~4 tables outdoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment