Sunday, January 11, 2009

Breakout - Extreme Dance Comedy


Got my ticket for the Korean extreme dance comedy of "Breakout".

According to the brochure by Esplanade, this performance is

"A story of 5 prisoners who are clumsy but appealing. When a mysterious ancient sacred text drops into their prison one day, it inspires the desperate prisoners to pan a daring escape into the outside world where they could have a brief taste of freedom. Fiercely loyal, and valuing friendship above all, these hilariously funny escapees are hardly menacing. Come meet the most loveable prisoners in the world!"

In addition, it is also

"a comedy performance blend with hiphop music and breakdancing"

"a newly designed nonverbal extreme dance comedy"

"performed by Korea's award winning and top quality leading BBoys"

Looking at the trailers they show on their TV ads, I am having high expectations of this performance, hopefully it will not disappoint.

The ticket is selling fast. I wanted to get the ticket for 14 Feb (Sat) 3pm performance, but then the last few sold out while I was still hesitating! I also wanted to get the S$78 ticket, but then for that category, only left with some not-so-nice seats (in terms of angle). At the end, I had to settle for a $38 ticket, and on the 4th floor, and I think the seat is a bit far back. A bino will be a must, I reckon.

Anyway, looking forward to this performance. It will be the first time I watch a performance at the Esplanade after don't-know how many years after it was first opened. Time to cultivate some 'culture' into myself :)

You can find my review of this performance here:

4 comments:

  1. CAN YOU TELL ME THE NAME OF THE TRAILER MUSIC PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE???I REALLY LOVE THE SONGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAN YOU TELL ME THE NAME OF THE TRAILER SONG PLEASE???

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, so sorry I don't know the title of the music either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word. Awesome. I watched the 15th 8pm show, last performance in sg.

    Awesome.

    ReplyDelete