Monday, January 19, 2009

Fuji acrobatic troupe performance at Raffles City Shopping Centre

This is a video clip of the performance by Fuji Acrobatic Troupe at Raffles City shopping center. My virgin video upload to YouTube. The image quality is bad, all because of the stupid YouTube ;P Haha...Not really. Just that my Nokia 6300 is not good enough. Even shooting at 'high' resolution, it is only 176x144, not really that 'high'.



I actually kind of like the Chinese New Year atmospher in Singapore. The shopping centres here put up nice Chinese New Year decorations, everywhere you go, you see a sea of red, the Chinese lucky color. They also invite performance troupes from China to peroform at the shopping centres. It gives people like me, a good opportunity to enjoy some free entertainment and have some exposure to the Chinese culture.

In contrast, back in China, there is really not that much of Chinese New Year atmosphere, other than the super crowded train stations before the New Year, and the empty streets on the 1st day of New Year, and then again jam packed crowds everywhere after that. But then we have the half hour fireworks on the 2nd day of Chinese New Year. I have never watched it myself, because I don't like to stand in the packed crowd, in a chilling winter night ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment