Sunday, March 29, 2009

What Did You Do During Earth Hour?

What did you do during Earth Hour?

I switched off all the lights in my flat, which is not that many anyway. But I left my fridge on, my dry cabinet on, my fan on, my internet on, and my computer on.

The lights I use are around 40W each, so in total, they don't consume much electricity. The real power sucker is the fridge, and my electric kettle. Another major power sucker is the water heater for showers.

Of course, air conditioning will consume lots of power too, but I only use my air conditioner like once or twice a month, just to make sure that it is still working :)

Then I looked out of my flat, to see how many actually switched their lights off. I couldn't tell actually. The coffee shop lights were on, street lights were on. I couldn't tell the lights on the opposite housing block are less or more during the Earth Hour.

So is Earth Hour a success or a failure? Mmmmh..... I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment