Sunday, March 13, 2011

Food Hunt in JB - Soon Huat Bak Kut Teh

Last time when I went to Teck Seng Restaurant at Taman Sentosa, I mentioned a Bak Kut Teh restaurant nearby in this blog entry.  This time, we decided to give it a try.

Lemon Honey Drink (爱玉冰)

You Tiao (油条)

Bak Kut Teh

Bak Kut Teh

豆卜

Pig's Trotters

猪脚

I must say I am a bit disappointed with them.  The Bak Kut Teh is a bit too plain and too similar to what we have in Singapore, but far cry from that I had in Klang.  The only choice seems to be pork ribs, there are no other choices.

The Dou Po is just juicy, but not exceptionally good.  Pig's trotters is the best of all, yet it is still on the too oily side.

What I don't understand is that the restaurant is still full of customers.  We arrived there at 11.05am, it was already almost full, by the time we left, there were a lot of people waiting outside, and many cars waiting for parking.

No comments:

Post a Comment