Sunday, April 19, 2009

Microstock: Buyers are Geeks?


Someone posted in ShutterStock forum saying microstock buyers are geeks. I don't know whether they are geeks, but for sure they are a special bunch. From the limited experience I have with microstock, every time when I think I will get some popular shots that will get me some ELs, some more downloads, they will end up in the portfolio, lying idle.
On the contrary, those that I think will not get me many downloads, will get some good results, and even some ELs. Not only me, some reviewers at microstock sites may get it wrong too.
For example, this David statue by Michelangelo in Florence was first rejected by a reviewer. Then later it got in after I made some changes. Then I got an EL on this photo last week!
In microstock, really just do your best, take care of the quality and creativity of your own photos, then business will take care of itself. And never get disappointed or discouraged by rejections. Rejections are only part of life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment