Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stitches Removed

Today is 1 week after my surgery, so I went to TTSH to have the stitches removed. My scar is long, around 2". Every time I look at my own scar when I changed the plaster, I felt scared. The scar is SO big. Luckily I have quite a bit of fat in my belly, otherwise... I don't dare to imagine.

The stitching removing experience many many years ago was not really that pleasant. The person who removes it for you plays a very important role. If not done properly, it can be a hell lot of pain. Again, luckily today, the doctor who removed the stitches for me is very experience, stitches were removed before I sensed anything, which is what it is supposed to be.

Now I don't have any stitches, I don't need to put on a piece of plaster on my tummy. Psychologically feeling better, actually I suspect still the same :)

No comments:

Post a Comment