Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How to Get Rid of Ants, Naturally?

I left some food in the kitchen this morning, and it attracted an army of ants buzzing around the food item.  I didn't want to kill all the ants, as they are also living beings, nor did I want to leave the ants going around my kitchen like spoiled children.  What should I do?

It happened that I like garlic a lot and always have some garlic at home.  Just to try out my luck, I peeled a clove of garlic, then cut it into two halves to let the garlic smell to come out, then I dropped the garlic clove to the army of ants.  Guess what?  It was like throwing tear gas into a crowd, the ants dispersed and disappeared in a minute!

I was still wondering whether it was because of the smell of the garlic, or just because they were alerted by the disturbance.  I left the garlic clove in the kitchen for the rest of the day, and when I checked again in the evening, still there wasn't even a single ant in sight.

Next time, if you want to get rid of the ants in your house without killing them, try this trick!  :)

1 comment: