Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Groupon Experience - Continued

This is a follow-up post to my previous blog entry on my Groupon experience.  Luckily, all woes with Groupon had come to a more pleasant end.

For my golf course Groupon, the service provider managed to find me a class that I can attend and I had happily attended my first lesson last Saturday.  Well, the Groupon didn't state very clearly the hidden charges, which is you must pay for the golf balls that you hit at the prevailing price of 8 cents/ball.  The Groupon only covers that coaching fee which is S$18/hour.  Anyway, I am happy.

For the Japanese language class, it was a disappointment.  The service provider didn't seem to be interested in those Groupon students.  However, I managed to get a full refund.  The money is credited back to my Groupon account, so that means I still need to spend that amount of money with Groupon.  It is not the best solution, but it is not the worst.

In the future, I will probably just get some deals which is small in total amount, and short in duration.  Or just for some small little goods.  

No comments:

Post a Comment