Sunday, May 3, 2015

Founder Bah Kut Teh

Last week, I tried the famous Ng Ah Sio Bah Kut Teh, this week I decided to try its neighbor Founder Bah Kut Teh.



The place is now being run by the second generation.  They not only manage the place, they indeed come in to take your orders, and have direct interface with the customers.

We were there at around 12.45pm.  The place was almost full, but lucky there was still a table available in the outdoor area.


We ordered two combos, and a plate of choy sim.  The soup here also has a strong taste of pepper, but not as that at Ng Ah Sio.  In addition, there is also a lot less of MSG too.  This was evident that I didn't get thirsty later.  The meat was tender, this won my heart.

The Choy Sim with oyster sauce is a very simple dish, and I didn't have any expectation of it.  However, it came out quite impressive.  The choy sim was not just simply fried, I think.  I guessed they dip it in boiling water first, then fried it.  I liked it very much.


What else could be better to have Bah Kut Teh with a pot of Iron Kuanyin Tea?  They gave you really a lot of tea leaves.  It turned out a bit too strong for me.

Overall, I think it is pretty good.  It is a place where you can bring your foreign friends visiting Singapore to have a taste of this local delicacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment