Sunday, May 10, 2015

Song Fa Bak Kut Teh

Did some research on the internet for good Bak Kut Teh in Singapore, Song Fa appears to be one of them, so decided to give it a try on a Saturday afternoon.


I arrived at around 5pm.  The shop is at the corner of Upper Circular Road and New Bridge Road, directly opposite The Central shopping mall.  They recently opened a new shop just two shop space away, and it seems like the new place has air conditioning while the old one doesn't.



The service was very prompt.  Once I arrived, they ushered me in, took my orders.  Everything was very efficient.  At 5pm, the place was not very full, but by the time I left, the place was already completely full.  It seems like this shop has been featured in some tourist websites or guidebooks.  Many tourists came here, many of them seem to come from our neighboring Malaysia.

Premium Loin Ribs $9.50

Pig's Kidney Soup $6.50
 
My food came shortly.  They will present your bill when they serve the food, so better get your money ready :)

I ordered their premium loin ribs and pig's kidney soup.  The premium loin ribs were good.  The soup, as usual, had a taste of pepper, but it was not as strong.  At first, I was thinking probably Founder Bak Kut Teh and Song Fa were a tie in terms of the taste, but then later on, I think Song Fa is better in terms of after taste.  Song Fa's Bak Kut Teh gives you a lingering taste and keeps your mouth moist.   The loin ribs were fresh and tender.  You had the feel of really eating pork ribs, not some plastic.

The pig's kidney soup was a bit plain to the taste.  The good point was that the pig's kidneys were not over-cooked.  It retained the tenderness of the organ.

Overall, I think Song Fa is a nice place to meet your Bak Kut Teh cravings.


No comments:

Post a Comment