Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Menya Musashi Takatora at WestGate Mall

Previously I tried Menya Musashi's branch at Ion (See the post here).  Their soup was too salty for my taste.  This time, I tried their branch at Westgate Mall.


The decoration of the restaurant is interesting and unusual.  The mural is very Japanese and of the yester-years.


My order was the black pork rib ramen (Black Bukotsu Mori Ramen).  When the ramen was served, the soup indeed looked black.  At first I thought the soup looked black probably because they put soy sauce, but then as I used the spoon to scoop up the soup, I found the 'black' actually was some particles.  I didn't ask the service staff what that really is, but could be something interesting.

The pork was stewed till very soft and it really melt in your mouth.  Onsen egg was tender and soft too.  It is one of my favourite.   As for ramen, people always say the soup is what determines a good bowl of ramen.  In this case, the soup was excellent.  It was thick in taste, but light in salt.  I supposed they adjusted their salt content to suit the local taste, which I think is good and more healthy too.  The ramen itself was good too.  It was crunchy but not hard.

I would say this is one of the best ramen restaurants here in Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment